We are excited to be partnering with TOAM on this MLK Jr. National Day of Service event.
In the city of Milwaukee, there are close to 1,500 people who do not have a place to call home. Partnering with The Help Project we will pack On the Go Bags- gallon sized ziploc bags with things like lip balm, small toiletries, and socks. On the Go Bags will not create a complete solution but they will provide temporary comfort especially during the brutal Milwaukee winter months.
CLICK HERE for Event’s Date, Time & Location
Our children will see that through teamwork, they can make a difference. By focusing on basic necessities for some of our most vulnerable Milwaukee citizens, children will extend dignity and respect to others. As a parent/caregiver, you will have a constructive response the next time you and your children cross paths with one of our homeless Milwaukee neighbors.
Recipients of our On the Go Bags will have some basic needs met but they will also be acknowledged as humans, deserving of respect like the rest of us!
- 1 Day Bus Passes ($4 per card)
- $2 will go into each On the Go bag
- Any leftover cash donations will go towards purchasing food items or personal care items for the bags
- 1 Day M-Card Bus Passes
- $4 per card
- Quantity needed: 60
- Any Pick n Save location
- Shorewood Metro Market (4075 N. Oakland Ave)
- Milwaukee Metro Market (1123 N. Van Buren St,)
Food and Personal Items:
- Trail mix (individual packs)
- Jerky (individual packs)
- Dried fruit (individual packs)
- Winter Hat
- Water bags
Donations can also be dropped off at one of these locations:
- 4015 N. Prospect Avenue, Shorewood (leave on front porch)
- 4012 N. Farwell Avenue, Shorewood (leave on front porch)